Personal information means information or an opinion that is identifiable as being about you.
1. Collection of personal information
1. When you use the Services, we may collect:
- personal information from and/or about you (including your name, phone number, address and email address and any personal information comprised in any data) that you input into the Services; and
- any personal information that you provide when you interact with us, provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support; and
- information relating to your use of the Services, including (but not limited to) your internet service provider address, the times and dates on which you access and/or use the Services, the details of any referring URL, the Services pages accessed, details of any information downloaded from, and uploaded onto, the Services and information captured by cookies on your device in connection with the collection of the above information.
2. Some provision of Information is optional. However, where you choose not to provide the Information requested, you may be unable to use the Services or enjoy its full functionality, or receive the benefit of using our services.
2. Purpose of collection and use
- Information will primarily be collected and used by us so that you may access and use the Services. The Information may also be used to administer the Services and to improve the standard of the services offered through the Services.
- The Association may also use Information collected from you to provide you with information and updates related to our Services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- The Association may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
- In addition, we may collect Information in an aggregated form concerning your usage of the Services for the purpose of general data analysis (for example, comparisons of the use or popularity of the Services amongst different users). You acknowledge that the Association owns and may use and disclose this aggregated data in a de-identified form to our affiliates and to third parties.
3. Disclosure of your personal information
- The Association is committed to protecting your personal information. We will not disclose personal information about you to third parties without your consent except:
- to third parties that make a legally-compliant request for the disclosure of personal information,
- where we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary to protect rights, including copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety, of the Association, its customers or third parties;
- to our insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, subcontractors, or service providers who assist with managing the Services; or
- if the assets that we use to operate our business are acquired by a third party, to that party.
- Other than this, we will only disclose Information to an unrelated third party after receiving your consent to such disclosure. We do not sell any of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of the European Union (EU). These may include, but are not limited to Google.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality, which will include privacy clauses, and we will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information.
4. Security of your personal information
- The Association is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures in accordance with industry standards to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Information is stored on a number of secure electronic and hard copy storage systems. Technical and operational measures are used by us to protect the Information against modification, disclosure, access and misuse by unauthorised third parties, (including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to Information within our business).
International storage and transfer of data:
- The Association and its service providers may, from time to time, locate certain computer databases, which store personal information relating to the Association’s products and services, in countries outside of the EU. The export of personal information to such countries is permitted subject to the provision of adequate levels of protection in relation to the processing of such information. As a key part of the contractual arrangements between the Association and third party service providers, such parties are required to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality in respect of personal information.
- When appropriate, or otherwise required by applicable law, you will be provided with notice of the fact that your personal information may be transferred, stored or processed outside of the EU.
Access to your personal information
- You can request that personal information we hold about you be provided to you for your review, be removed from our services, or be updated by contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com.
Complaints about privacy
- Please be aware we may modify this Policy at any time, in our sole discretion and all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on our Services.
- When you come to our Website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, your physical location, website visited immediately before coming to our site where a link was followed, etc. This information is used for customer support, Platform security, or in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
6. Advertising and remarketing
Last update: 25/05/2018